Extension Credit Courses Policies
Extension credit courses are administered through the Office of Distance and Extended Learning.
The following important policies govern extension credit courses. Failure to follow the policies and procedures for dropping an extension course may result in a reduction of your GPA due to an "F" being assigned.
1. Drop Refund - Refunds for a dropped extension course are given according to university policy for regular university courses on campus. Refer to the web page, Dropping an Extension Course, on the Extension Studies Web site for more information.
2. Enrollment in an extension course does not constitute official admission into the university, and non-Texas State students may take extension courses.
3. Students on active suspension from Texas State are ineligible for extension credit.
4. Full-time students at Texas State who will have a course overload if they take extension courses must seek the permission of an approved advisor from the appropriate college within the university.
5. Students from other institutions who wish to transfer extension credit should obtain the approval of their home institution prior to enrolling.
6. Students may enroll in an extension course for Audit only with prior approval from the instructor and if space is available. Payment is required in full for Audit only enrollments.
7. Transcript records are maintained for all credit earned by extension.
8. A maximum of 30 semester hours for Texas State credit may be completed through a combination of correspondence and extension courses.
9. Once a registration form has been submitted, no changes can be made to the college credit request.
10. The completion of this application does not guarantee enrollment in the class. The following are required for official enrollment:
- One completed Extension Course Application per course
- Completed tuition waiver/exemption request forms must be received by the Office of Distance and Extended Learning no later than the twelfth class day for fall and spring semesters, and the fourth class day for summer semesters (if applicable).
- Verificatin of TSIP compliance (if applicable)
- Proof of meningitis vaccination or exemption (if applicable)
11. Enrollment in an extension course will be accepted up to and including the final day for schedule changes as listed in the Schedule of Classes. Check the Schedule of Classes for this date.
12. Students are responsible for ascertaining whether or not (a) credit for an extension course will apply to a particular program, and (b) credit for an extension course will transfer to another educational institution.